Xexus.Us is an authorized reseller of OpenSRS domain services
Currently there are over 650 available Top Level Domain (TLD) extensions availible. The most popular are .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .us: Others will climb in popularity as the public becomes accustomed to using non-traditional domain names.
- Not all TLDs are listed here. If you need a TLD not listed here, please contact me.
- Registering a domain name allows you the use of that domain for one year, and is renewable in yearly increments.
- Renewing or transferring a domain adds a minimum of one year to the domain's expiration date: No existing time is lost when transfering a domain between service providers.
- Should a domain name expire, many registrars allow owners up to 40 days before sending the domain name to redemption. An expired domain will cease to resolve until it has been renewed. Xexus.Us does not charge extra to renew expired domains within their grace period as many companies do.
- Domains that are not renewed during the grace period go into a state called "redemption", and cost around $150 to rescue the domain from being lost, in addition to the cost of renewing the domain for another year.
- Once the Redemption Period is over (usually 30 days), many domains will get returned to the pool of available domain names. Registrants have the right to resell lost domains as premium domains.
- Despite any efforts made by Xexus.Us to watch for domains nearing expiration, it is ultimately up to the domain holder to ensure that domain names are renewed in a timely manner.
SSL certificates are basically encryption methods that allows secure transmission of data between users and web servers. Once a web servers certificate is validated, the users browser and the web server agree on a unique encryption code for exchanging data.
Some certificates are free, as part of a movement to encourage all web sites to install encryption. Xexus.Us uses a free certificate. Outside of Google Analytics, this website does not collect any data on it's visitors, so my encryption needs are minimal. The Shop.Xexus.Us site contains a shopping cart, so there I pay for a higher level of encryption. If I were to collect or store credit card data on that site (which I don't), I might want an even higher level of encryption. You can see the details of any SSL certificate, including the one on this site, by clicking on the lock symbol next the https:// in the address bar (usually green).
NOTE: Web sites hosted at Xexus.Us reside on a shared server, meaning that they all share a common IP address. Higher level of certificates require a unique static IP address, and may not be appropriate for use on the Xexus.Us server. Please contact Xexus.Us for pricing and further details.